Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What's It All About?

What will be in this BLOG? I will use a statement from my son, Rick, to explain -- You are entitled to my opinion! Also I will use a famous statement that you will recognize from the political world -- "I know Rick Moore. He is a son of mine. And I am no Rick Moore".

Rick does political Blogging and I will do very little of that. My comments and items will be concerning past memories, thoughts on current activities in the news, things that interest me, family and friends stories, and anything else that I think others might like to read. My favorite writer in the Register is Gordon Dillow. I may comment on some of his work as time goes on.

I Guest BLOGGED on Rick's HolyCoast.com but they were easily lost in the shuffle as Rick posts 5 or more items daily. The political world is really hot right now and a lot is going on. He has current events as well. Look him up on www.HolyCoast.blogspot.com.

I would appreciate it if you would put my BLOG in your Favorite Places and give me a look once in a while. Once a week should do it. I'm not going to flood this with postings but will write items that I think you would enjoy. At the end of each post is a "Comment" area. Would appreciate your comments on the items.

We are off and running! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Rick Moore said...

I knew that sooner or later you'd get the bug. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Dick, congradulations on your new blog. I look forward to what I am sure will be stimulating conversations.

I wondered how you would spend your time once you gave up leadership of toe YOB State Farm Retirees Club to me and the other board members. Now I know!

Again best of luck and happy bloging...or is it blogging?

Tom Fisher

Brice said...

Good luck and welcome to the internet. Be careful though what you post as your opinions could wind up as front page news on the AP wire. Now of course is a worthy goal. I'll be able to say "I knew him when"

Eric said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, Dick. I look forward to regularly getting your take on the world. I have always enjoyed reading your posts on Rick's blog.

Please send our love to Ann - and don't you go making her a blog widow now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,

I always enjoy reading what you write.

Love you, Brenda