Sunday, May 25, 2008

To Google or Not To Google

Happiness is "googling" you name and finding it on the internet.

I don't know if it is happiness but it is weird. I googled my nick name that I go by and on page 43 of 61 pages found a reference that actually referred to me! I used Dick Moore instead of Richard Moore and had tons of references to Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore. Mandy Moore, Demi Moore and Michael Moore were listed a lot as well.

The reference I found was entitled "Olivet Nazarene College" and was the obituary of my Uncle Ray Moore who passed away January 7, 2007. It mentions "a special nephew Dick". Ray graduated from Olivet Nazarene College and returned to teach there. Also received a honorary doctorate in music from the college in 1980.

I went to live with Ray in 1949. I was in his house through my high school years and then left for California to attend college. He was my dad at a special time in my life. It was at that time that I became "a special nephew" to Ray.

This was a strange experience to find a reference to me that was actually me! Somebody has too much time on their hands.

No comments: