Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is It Still A Vacation If You're Retired?

Ann and I are going on a vacation with our daughter and her family for a week of cruising down to Mexico. We are taking a Disney cruise starting Sunday which stops at three ports and returns to San Pedro. No flying! Just the crazy drivers on the 405 Freeway.

Brenda, Scott, Hannah and Rachel have taken this same ship two times before in the last two years. Both Caribbean cruises -- East & West. Now Disney has brought this ship over for the Summer to cruise the Mexican Riviera. They wanted Nana and Papa to join them on this cruise so we will be taking our 9th cruise and the first one since 1999.

We don't plan on getting off the ship at any of the ports -- Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. We've been to Mexico five times before and have no desire to see any more of that country. We are taking this cruise to be with the family.

I will not be posting anything on this BLOG while I am away. After we return and I have time to write, I will let you know what a great time we had. Hopefully some pictures to share with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello DIck, I see you are on another great family vacation. I think it still counts as a vacation when you take a break for the rigors of retirement! Me and my wife Paula took a short Hornblower Cruise out of San Diego Harbor last week. It was very warm at that time so the cool ocean breezes were welcomed. Enjoy your Mexico cruise and see you get back. Your friend Tom Fisher